Current Job Openings – As of April 20, 2021
At Single Source, our focus is helping our customers find calm among the chaos. If you’re hard-working, like the challenge of a varied, fast-paced work environment and enjoy helping people and working with others, you might be a good fit for our team. We’re looking for industry-experienced, yet flexible people who have the ability to simultaneously meet required deadlines but who can also roll with the punches when work priorities shift. If that’s you, please apply. We want to hear from you! Upload your resume and a brief cover letter stating which job you are interested in applying. (Please note to upload your resume, you will be taken to our “contact” page, please ignore any descriptions in regard to property ownership/damage. Simply select job application from the drop down list under “Damage Incurred/Service(s) Requested” and follow the instructions to upload your file/document. Apply by clicking here.
Single Source Disaster Recovery Specialists is seeking a qualified Project Manager who will be responsible for the overall success of a wide range of disaster restoration projects for residential and commercial properties. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of the property/casualty insurance claims industry and Xactimate estimating software. Previous project management experience that includes supervisory responsibilities and experience with water/fire/smoke damage or any other emergency/disaster recovery or repair is highly preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage project development from initial job leads to definition of project scope and project estimate delivery and oversight of job progress.
- Regularly travel to and from job sites.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to production team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion.
- Proactively communicates with claims adjusters and customers regarding status of project, production team performance, and/or any changes in project scope and other key information.
- Responsible for ensuring all required paperwork has been completed and collected.
- Maintain project records including notes on losses.
- Work in conjunction with the production team to ensure that the highest level of customer service and project expectations are provided to clients and insurance companies.
- Estimate and oversee resources and participants needed to achieve project goals; determines and assesses the need for additional staff and/or consultants and coordinates recruitment of labor as needed.
- Identifies and manages project needs; identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the production team.
- Works with the accounting department to ensure all projects are billed correctly.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule – some weekend and evening hours may be necessary in the even to fan after-hours emergency.
- Experience in the disaster, restoration, mold, water, fire or related industry required.
- Must possess adequate computer, internet, and smart phone skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Xactimate estimating software.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Technology utilization including phones, computers, copiers, fax machines, and other office equipment.
- Some lifting, bending, and stretching.
- Operating company vehicle and adhering to all company vehicle policies.
Residential & Commercial Property Repair
Single Source’s Reconstruction Division is in need of full-time carpenter helpers for various residential and commercial construction/property repair projects located throughout our Rhode Island service area. Candidate must be physically fit, hardworking, take directions well.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Assist carpenters and other related tradespeople by performing construction laboring activities at various job sites.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in both rough and finished carpentry required.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully take communicate with manager and co-workers.
- Sound understanding of all safety regulations and norms for working with carpentry tools and on construction sites.\
- Ability to lift and carry material up to 50 lbs. as needed, as well as climb and work with ladders.
- Willingness to take direction and follow specific instructions.
- Strong work ethic
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening test required.
Disaster Restoration Cleaning Technicians
Single Source Disaster Recovery Specialists, a 24-hour property disaster response company serving Rhode Island homeowners and businesses since 1971, has immediate full-time openings for motivated cleaning technicians.
Job Duties Include:
- Water/smoke/fire damage cleanup
- Water extraction & demolition clean-up
- Equipment setup/take-down/removal
- Contents pack up & move-outs/move-ins
- Contents cleaning
- Mold remediation
- Participating in rotating on-call schedule – some weekend and evening hours may be necessary in the event of an after-hours emergency
- Pass criminal background check – free of violence or theft
- Dependable with a Positive Attitude
- Able to follow directions
- Possess valid driver license and good driving record
- Clean, professional appearance and demeanor
- Demonstrate care and respect for customer property and company equipment
- Work well with others in team environment
- Pass pre-employment drug screening
- Be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to speak English
- High School education or equivalent
Helpful but Not Required Qualifications:
- Previous disaster restoration experience
- Previous construction labor or other cleaning experience
- Experience in mold remediation or asbestos abatement license
- IICRC Certifications