Current Job Openings – As of December 7, 2020
At Single Source, our focus is helping our customers find calm among the chaos. If you’re hard-working, like the challenge of a varied, fast-paced work environment and enjoy helping people and working with others, you might be a good fit for our team. We’re looking for industry-experienced, yet flexible people who have the ability to simultaneously meet required deadlines but who can also roll with the punches when work priorities shift. If that’s you, please apply. We want to hear from you! Upload your resume and a brief cover letter stating which job you are interested in applying. (Please note to upload your resume, you will be taken to our “contact” page, please ignore any descriptions in regard to property ownership/damage. Simply select job application from the drop down list under “Damage Incurred/Service(s) Requested” and follow the instructions to upload your file/document. Apply by clicking here.
Residential & Commercial Property Repair
Single Source’s Reconstruction Division is in need of full-time skilled carpenters for various residential and commercial construction/property repair projects located throughout our Rhode Island service area. This is a permanent, career growth position. Excellent compensation and full benefit package will be offered to highly qualified candidates. This position reports directly to the Construction Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Only candidates with 5+ years professional construction/carpentry experience will be considered.
- A thorough knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in both rough and finished carpentry required.
- Effective time management with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines and efficiently to execute all tasks assigned.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with customers, trade contractors, co-workers, and office staff a must.
- Sound understanding of all safety regulations and norms for working with carpentry tools and on construction sites.
Ability to lift and carry material up to 50 lbs. as needed, as well as climb and work with ladders.
- Willingness to take direction and follow specific instructions.
- Strong work ethic
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening test required.
Skilled Interior Painters
Needed ASAP for Home Repair and Reconstruction Work (Prep and Finish)
Single Source’s Reconstruction Division is seeking experienced, full-time professional painters to perform skilled (prep and finish) painting work on various interior (and some exterior) surfaces in residential and commercial properties throughout our Rhode Island service area. Ideal candidates are professional, organized, have good communication skills, work well with others, and have the capacity to work quickly and independently, often within tight deadlines. Occasional overtime work may be required.
- 3-5 years of professional interior painting experience
- A thorough knowledge of surface preparation and painting practices and techniques
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Interior (90%) and occasional exterior painting
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Physical endurance (ability to lift up to 50 lbs.)
- Professional, positive attitude, quality work and attention to detail is a must
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive Hourly Pay Based on Experience
Benefits Offered: Waiting period may apply
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance Medical Flexible spending account
- Earned Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical Expenses
- Matching 401k
Job Type: Full-time
Disaster Restoration Cleaning Technicians
Single Source Disaster Recovery Specialists, a 24-hour property disaster response company serving Rhode Island homeowners and businesses since 1971, has immediate full-time openings for motivated cleaning technicians.
Job Duties Include:
- Water/smoke/fire damage cleanup
- Water extraction & demolition clean-up
- Equipment setup/take-down/removal
- Contents pack up & move-outs/move-ins
- Contents cleaning
- Mold remediation
- Participating in rotating on-call schedule – some weekend and evening hours may be necessary in the event of an after-hours emergency
- Pass criminal background check – free of violence or theft
- Dependable with a Positive Attitude
- Able to follow directions
- Possess valid driver license and good driving record
- Clean, professional appearance and demeanor
- Demonstrate care and respect for customer property and company equipment
- Work well with others in team environment
- Pass pre-employment drug screening
- Be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to speak English
- High School education or equivalent
Helpful but Not Required Qualifications:
- Previous disaster restoration experience
- Previous construction labor or other cleaning experience
- Experience in mold remediation or asbestos abatement license
- IICRC Certifications