skip to Main Content

Mold in buildings can be very disgusting, dangerous and a big problem too. It can be very expensive to remove mostly when the mold is the toxic black type. The hazards of mold and the symptoms in identifying them are numerous; hence one needs to look out for indicators to help their family and home free of such dangers.

black mold

Some of the most dangerous mold microbes often flourish in areas behind walls, under insulation, crawlspaces, and in attics.

The black mold is commonly known as Stachybotrys chartarum, feds on organic materials like cellulose buildings, drywall, carpet, insulation or subflooring that have contact with moisture. The black mold feeds on these things by emitting spores on them. The spores are usually dangerous and can cause serious a lot of unpleasant and even dangerous effects on humans.

BLACK MOLD SYMPTOMS

The most widely known symptoms are associated with the respiratory system. Serious coughing and sneezing, irritation of the eyes, rashes, mucous membranes of the nose, persistent headaches, etc. are some of the symptoms of black mold exposure or poisoning. Continuous exposure might lead to other serious symptoms like nausea, vomiting and even bleeding in the lungs and nose.

Exposure and poisoning can lead to a lot of severe health problems. Having a strong understanding of the symptoms and health effects can be of great help to you and your family. This is because you will be aware of such attacks on your building and take quick actions to remove them.

BLACK MOLD REMOVAL

The removal of black mold is a process that takes time, a good protective gear.

  1. Remove the source of moisture from the affected area to prevent future attacks.
  2. Close openings leading to other areas in the home by placing heavy plastic over them and sealing the plastic. If there is any outdoor opening in the room, place exhaust fans close to them, this is to help reduce mold spore from the room.
  3. Wear a facemask and cover all your body parts, this is to avoid contact with the mold spores.
  4. Using soapy water and sponge, remove the mold visible to the eye. When the moldy area is dry, spray it with water, this will reduce the future attacks.
  5. Remove all equipment used and place them in a bag, dispose of the bag as soon as possible.

BLACK MOLD CLEANING

Black mold is a very poisonous substance that causes serious health problems, if not properly removed.  Cleaning black mold is a very important process of removing black mold from your home.

The first step in cleaning mold is to find the source of moisture feeding the mold. After that, separate the room where the mold is found by sealing it. Then place an exhaust fan in the front of outdoors vent to remove spores from the room. Spray the mold with water and scrub the mold off. The molding area should then be wiped clean.

Need expert help?  Contact Single Source USA for all your cleanup needs!

Back To Top